Site of the Intermediate Division 50/70 Little League World Series
Opening Day is Upon Us!
2014 Opening Day (part deux)
Please notice that I have put some time back on the (countdown) clock! The rumors (started by me on the GLL FB page) are true. Opening day has officially been postponed for one week. Opening Ceremony, games, fundraising, A's tix, raffle baskets, Snack Shack (world famous), and yes even PICTURES, will all happen on 3/8 using all the published (3/1) times and locations.
Once again, in bullet points, for you Powerpoint/Keynote junkies among us:
All 3/1 events are canceled.
All Opening Day festivities will now happen on 3/8.
Please plan to play your weeknight game this week, weather permitting.
On 3/8 we will be using the Lower Division (Tball-Majors) game schedule from 3/1 to correspond to various fun Opening Day events.
All Lower Division games originally scheduled for 3/8 will be made up later in the year.
Upper Division (Juniors-Big League) schedule is NOT affected. 3/1=3/1, 3/8=3/8, and so on.
Upper Division should continue to monitor your games, you may still be playing!!!
Finally, PLEASE CHECK BACK HERE throughout the week. If there are any adjustments/corrections, they will be updated here. (It's better than getting forty-eleven emails from me this week, right?)
So, let's just get this one out of the way, shall we? Parking for GLL events can be... difficult. This year, how about let's try to be patient and willing to walk a bit, okay? Here are some some helpful hints for you - white lines, green curbs, red curbs, driveways, crosswalks, sidewalks, and double parking are frowned upon, and are considered bad baseball form. Avoid these when you see them. Remember, there is parking on Murdell and El Padro as well, that is not too much farther from the fields... But most of all, PLEASE understand if a Board Member needs to ask you to move your car. We are just trying to be good neighbors to our, well, neighbors.
In case you have forgotten during the long off-season... The GLL Snack Shack (World Famous) has the best ball park food anywhere. You will want to plan to eat between 2 to 4 meals there. Tri-tip for breakfast? Sure, why not?
Tip from an Opening Day Veteran:
Bring stick-on address labels. It will make filling out the 200 raffle tickets you buy MUCH easier, so you have more time to watch these great kids play ball... and eat.
Don't worry. The place will be crawling with cheery, helpful Board Members who will be happy to help you out. Just look for a Board Member shirt!
The game schedule has been posted in the Documents section and the first two weeks have been uploaded to the system.
You can find the picture schedule in Documents as well.
Schedule for the Day:
8:00 AM - Teams line up on Field 1
8:30 AM - Opening Ceremony begins -Teams begin the Parade of Players
from Field 1 to Field 2
Snack Shack will be closed during Opening Ceremony. Sorry.
This year Granada Little League is offering "Pool Play" again. The guidelines are as follows under the GLL House Rules:
Should a manager know in advance that he/she cannot field a full team (9 players), the Player Agent may be contacted and a Pool Player can be used. Managers do not have a say in which players can be used from the pool as the player assigned is the next available from the list.
District 57 Pool Play regulations include:
· Pool Players are to be listed on the lineup as a Pool Player
· Pool Players must wear their own team's uniform,
· Pool Players cannot pitch
· Pool Players must play at least nine (9) consecutive defensive outs and one at bat and must bat last in the order.
· Getting your Son/Daughter on the Pool Player List: Please reply to this email if you would like your player on the pool player list. Please list the division and team currently playing in and the BEST number to contact you. We ask for 48 hours notice from a manager but sometimes it is less than that, so we need to be able to contact you the easiest and fastest way.
· Pool Player List: You will be placed on the list according to when your reply email is received. If needed I will contact you. Once a child has played a game as a Pool Player, he/she will be moved to the bottom of the list to give the next child an opportunity to play. If your child is unavailable to play when they are called, they will be moved to the bottom of the list except in cases where the conflict is with their own game. Depending on the need for pool players and the number of players on the pool player list, your child might not be called.
· Notification to Player Agent that a Pool Player is Needed: Ideally, the Player Agent will need 48 hours notice to accommodate a team with a Pool Player. Please be sure to notify your Manager immediately if you anticipate a conflict for a game so that the Manager can arrange for a Pool Player if needed.
· Back to Back Games: Pool Players are allowed to play in back to back games (so if your child has a game at 8 AM, they could play another game at 10:30 AM or later).
· Each Division has their own Pool Players: AAA Managers will not pull up players from the AA Pool Player list.
We have some big goals for the next year or two, and we are going to need some big help to pull it all off. If you are willing to contribute some of your time and talent, together we will be able to do some big things. Please
, so we can get you on the list and contact you! We are looking for…